Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sword and Sworcery: Verdict

I feel the same way about this game as I do Shadow of the Colossus, which happens to be my favorite game. The Super Brothers have provided an experience that goes beyond a game and into an interactive piece of art. The story is vague, but there are nods a plenty in the story to gamer favorites like Half Life-2 and Zelda. Internet memes play a significant role in the dialog which I thought was fucking great. I felt I understood more in the maybe several pages of text this game has than the highest voice acting production games of the year through the cleverly shortened remarks in a computer language that has penetrated all of our lives.

I will say I do have some biases when it comes to this game. I love Frank Frazetta first off, so they hit a nail there. Also I loved kings quest, which this game is a rehash of pretty much except braught to you in high defninition. Now I do not want to underplay the sense of High Definition, this is not just hi-def visual experience but also audio. I have been listening to the game through a pair of Grado Labs SR60s, which I very much recomend headphones for this game, the music and sound effects are half the experience.

Overall I am sold Super Brothers, beam me up! I hope you success, and that you continue to feed my addiction of games that go beyond games and into a new era of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment