Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Check Yo Ponytail!: Salem / Light Asylum / Gate Keeper



Debut of some great east coast witch house/ grave wave artists. Light Asylum owned the night, although some of the volumes were off due to the housey nature of the set Shannon Funchess is electric on stage, a powerful voice that would evoke the dead. Jack Donoghue from Salem echoed death in the set really giving the most solid performance from the crew. I have to tip my though to John Holland, Salem really is treading some new ground fusing beats from sounthern style rap, synth from 90s house music and bringing base through the base boards of the Echo Plex. A surprise that I had not looked into to much was Gate Keeper. A great surprise, I had honestly ignored the bill when I had head Salem and Light Asylum was playing, but Gate Keeper killed it, I bugdet light and smoke show with some toons that would most apropriate listening to in a murder bike, why a murder bike you say? Well see for yourself.





GATEKEEPER "Chains" from Thunder Horse Video on Vimeo.

The photos (I forgot my camera) are kindly brought with fucking style by reslurpeee.com, my girlfriend met the madman behind this site, and this is a gem into the LA underground:

No comments:

Post a Comment