Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Charles Burns

Holly awesome horror comic artist Batman! This is guy is a master of mystery, and not your moms soap opera kinda mystery, but fucked up mind bending keep you in the dark and suck you into a Black Hole type mystery. I started backwards with Charles Burns with his book X'ed Out, which is a new series he just started. After reading this story of a depressed teen who has had an accident and crosses between a drug induced dream world and telling the past events that got him to his current state of ingesting more and more pain killers until death I opened my wallet up and was ready to empty it all out on Charles Burns's drawing desk. Then I moved onto what is considered his magnum opus, Black Hole. Oh man, oh man, oh man... this one hit home hard for me. Growing up in sterile-ville suburban white america, I am a bit of a disease-a-phobe, and these high school kids in the Seattle area are suffering from a deforming STD that will send chills down your spine. I highly recommend both of these books, and will blog about his others as I get threw them.
X'ed Out
Black Hole

No comments:

Post a Comment