Thursday, May 26, 2011

They Live : Mondo : Alamo

I dont think I am ever jelous of Texas, but today Texas you have bested me. Movie theater art poster masters Mondo are throwing a sick special showing of They Live at the Alamo theater in 35mm with street art gangsta Shepard Fairey. I am a nut for their limited edition posters, and they have comissioned one of my absolutely favorite artists, get the poster online you say? nope, gotta go to the screening for your poster. Screening and poster = 60 bucks, I would probably pay 100 because you could sell the poster on ebay for fucking triple or quintriplituple.

If you are a Texanite or plan to be in the area get your shit together by noon today, tickets here.

1 comment:

  1. So the people that run the Alamo's site chose an image I designed a year ago (see here: http://marcpalm.blogspot.com/2010/04/they-live-posters.html) to display for their advertisement. This was some false advertising. The image that they used will not be the poster that those lucky ticket holders will receive. They'll get some mysterious image that Mondo will release on the day of the show.
    If anyone wants this poster, I have giclee print for sale. Contact me Marc "Swellzombie" Palm (swellzombie@gmail.com) the actual artist of the Obama/They Live poster you have posted here.

    ReplyDelete